IDENTIFICATION AND DEVELOPMENT OF TALENTED SPORTMEN / WOMEN IN NAMIBIA
“Destiny is not a matter of chance; but a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved." William Jennings Bryan
There are many talented young people throughout Namibia that would benefit immensely by being given expert guidance and further development in their sporting careers thus affording them opportunities to make choices to achieve their goals.
We recognize that we can be facilitators in this endeavor and that at the moment no such program exists in Namibia to help nurture talent and promising athletes.
The target of this program is to identify, assist and develop promising individuals that excel in their respective sporting codes.:
- Identification – of promising, exceptional and unique individuals who participate in various sporting codes in Namibia
- Assist – individuals to further their careers via participation in tournaments; by making opportunities available to them that may occur from their achievements like bursaries at Universities; in the decision making process with regards to the future of such an individual
- Development – of the athlete holistically by providing full body assessment and wellness; of the specific needs of the individual relevant to sporting code he/ she participates in.
The knock on effect of this service that we as facilitator’s provide cannot be underestimated.
- An individual can only benefit from such a service and it may lead to the individual being afforded the opportunity to study abroad and obtain academic qualification.
- This individual may become a professional in a specific sporting code and earn a livelihood in this manner.
- Ultimately it would be of great value for the community that person comes from when such a person returns and to that community and offers guidance and the newly acquired expertise.
As agents for these individuals we provide this service for them by working in conjunction with the top role players in the various sporting codes an individual may participate in. This undoubtedly is an essential link towards elite athlete development. Without regular exposure to competition, sport science advancements and the proper development programs many promising athletes’ careers are stunted and even regressed.