Projects and initiatives completed or supported by the MMCT in the past.
|Pupils @ The Career Talk
The School of Excellence organises each year a Career Talk where expert advice secondary school learners what to expect of the educational and the commercial environment in which they will find themselves and how they can equip themselves to meet these expectations.
Most senior secondary school learners have to make a career choice. The decision they make now will determine their career path. For the future. Many people take it upon themselves to give these learners advice on where their future lies. Learners have to be very careful what they do with this advice because they have to remember that they are not just planning to get a job. They are actually planning a career. Their field of interest will determine the choice they make, and this will commit them to a career which they will probably pursue for the next 30—40 years.
Objectives of the programme
- To prepare the learners to make the best possible career choices
- To teach the learners that the Namibia as well as the global markets require multi-skilled people
- To teach the learners to do market research before they make a career choice
- To give the learners an insight in different career opportunities
- To discuss their expectations with experts in the field